Free Moving Services in Plymouth
At Big Tuna, we want your move to be as stress-free as possible. That’s why we offer a few free services to help make things easier for you. We can wrap some of your most precious items in shrink wrap to prevent scratches, disconnect and reconnect your appliances, and even help you remove property doors or certain parts from oversized items if necessary. Just let us know what you need, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you need one of these free services or have any other questions. We’re here to help make your relocation as easy and stress-free as possible.Book Online
When moving any furniture item, it’s essential to prevent scratches. We offer this service free of charge for a few of your most precious things; just another benefit of using Big Tuna. If you have lots of items you would like fully wrapped, you may incur a small charge for the cost of the shrink wrap used.
Usually, our movers wrap the furniture into moving blankets as they load it onto the van, which protects against surface damage. However, this method is not always suitable for expensive electronics or high-value furniture such as antiques that are easily scratched, and it is necessary to take further precautions.
Items selected for the fully wrapped services are completely encased within a layer of moving pads and tightly wrapped in multiple layers of shrink wrap; the moving team will ensure that all exposed surfaces are covered.
Requesting Fully Wrapped
- If there are any specific items you would like fully wrapped, please request this on the booking form when booking your move.
- The customer can request this service for specific items on the day, providing they have booked enough time for us to conduct the move and wrap selected items.
- If the moving team feels specific pieces of furniture are at risk, these items will be wrapped without question.
Disconnect / Reconnect (Gas supplies not included)
Requesting Disconnect / Reconnect:
If there are any specific items you would like disconnected or reconnected, please request this on the booking form when booking your move.
Make It Fit (Window Removals Not Included)
Big Tuna will go above and beyond to get your items into your property, including removing property doors or obstructive parts from oversized items if necessary. Plus, every van comes supplied with a complete tool kit, and each of our moving teams includes at least one member who is experienced in engineering–because we believe it’s just as essential to have staff members who are capable and knowledgeable.
This service does NOT include window removals due to the high risk of windows breaking and insurance purposes.
Unless requested otherwise, the customer must ensure that all items that require full or partial disassembly are disassembled before the moving team’s arrival; this is a free emergency service, not a disassembly service.
Requesting Make It Fit
- We strongly advise measuring your items to ensure they fit before booking your move. This service usually includes minimal work, such as removing property doors and obstructive parts like sofa feet, usually a last resort.
- If you require a full or partial disassembly service for the disassembly of items such as Beds, Bunk Beds, Wardrobes and other large items, you will be charged; please get in touch with us if you require a disassembly service.
If you have any further questions, please tap the WhatsApp button on the bottom right, and one of our customer representatives will be with you in a moment.
Or click here to contact us directly on the Big Tuna Facebook Page.